Most people don’t know the important of home health care and how it can be more less expensive for us.
Home health care can be defined as the service that can be given in your personal home for an illness or wound. And then the word ‘home health care’ can be less expensive, more convenient without any stress, and is just as effective as care you get in a hospital or skilled nursing facility.
Types of home health care service
There are various types of home health care, but we are going to list out 5 of it.
- Physical, occupational, and/or speech therapy
- Doctor care
- Nursing care
- Medical social services
- Care from home health aides
Let’s quickly look at some examples of skilled home health services.
- Intravenous or nutrition therapy
- Wound care for pressure sores or a surgical wound
- Monitoring serious illness and unstable health status
- Patient and caregiver education
There are some reason for home health care, and is to treat an illness or injury. This include:
- Regain your independence
- Slow decline
- Maintain your current condition or level of function
- Get better
Before we list out the benefits of the home health care, let’s see some examples of what the home health staff should do:
- Check that you’re taking your prescription and other drugs and any treatments correctly
- Check your safety in the home
- Teach you about your care so you can take care of yourself
- Check what you’re eating and drinking
- Check your blood pressure, temperature, heart rate, and breathing.
If in any case the home staff is doing nothing compare to these, then don’t hesitate to change it and look for a professional home staff.
Benefits of home health care
- Safety, Comfort and Convenience
- Prevents Avoidable Trips to the Hospital
- Saves Money
- Personalized Care
- Greater Independence. Older adults may not admit they’re struggling because they don’t want to lose their independence
- Relief for Family Caregivers
These 6 benefits worth it and they focus on your health more when you are doing home health care service.