The ex-Afghanistan football chief, wanted over sexual abuse of women players. he rejected all the charges in a defiant public appearance on Friday.
Keramuddin Karim, ex-afghan football chief, who appeared in public for the first time on Friday, was bungled just after security forces raid to arrest him in province north of the capital Kabul.
He was found guilty by global governing body FIFA last year of assaulting so many women footballers, with the verdict upheld in July by the Swiss-based Court of Arbitration for Sport.
Afghan authorities issued an arrest warrant for Karim last year, but he has remained at large.
The operation did not succeeded due to Afghan forces clashed with local residents who prevented the raid, officials said.
Karim said, “I am neither a fugitive nor a criminal,” he dressed in a traditional shalwar kameez tunic and jacket as he addressed the gathering.
He added, i will have to prove that i have not committed any crime…but i will accept any punishment if am proven guilty in a court.
Five female Afghan players accused Karim of committing sexual assault between 2013 and 2018.
Karim said, all these girls were just bribed, they were offered asylum in Western countries in return for making accusations against me.
Am only accused of what is not real, it just a conspiracy that had no evidence.
In its judgment upholding the FIFA verdict, the Court of Arbitration for Sport’s panel said Karim had “violated basic human rights and damaged the mental and physical dignity and integrity of young female players”.
From the statement CIA reveal, with his appalling acts, he had destroyed not only their careers, but severely damaged their lives.
FIFA delivered its toughest sanction against Karim: a life ban and a fine of 1 million Swiss francs (at the time equaling approximately $1 million or 934,000 euros).