The Nigeria Senate has confirmed the nominees for Chairmanship and members of the Federal Competition Protection Commission on Wednesday.
In a report submitted to the red chamber on Wednesday by Senator Francis Adenigba Fadahunsi, Chairman of the Senate Committee on Trade and Investment, expressed satisfaction with the credentials of the nominees.
The Senate confirmed them without delay since the nominees security report and their screening during the panel’s sitting was satisfactory.
Read the report: “That the Senate do receive and consider the report of the Committee on Trade and Investment on the confirmation of the nomination of the following persons for appointment as Chairman and members of the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission Tribunal.”
After all the screening and deliberations, the nominees as forwarded by President Muhammad Buhari were confirmed by the Committee of the whole.
1. Mrs Saratu Mama Shafii (Chairman) Northcentral
2. George Chukwuma Mbonu (Member) South East.
3. Barr. Thomas Okosun (Member) South-South.
4. Dr. Umar.Dauda Duhu (Member) North East.
5. Mr.Ibrahim El-Yakubu (Member) North West.
6. Sola Salako Ajulo (Member) South West
7. Kenneth Tersoo Gyado (Member) North Central.
The Nigeria Senate President, Dr. Ahmed Ibrahim Lawan enjoined the members to diligently discharge their responsibility in the interest of the nation, after their confirmation.